- All parties involved must be respectful.
- The discussion/debate should be about the content, not about the person.
- All claims should be backed up with a source.
- No profanity or innuendos intended to offend.
- Give credit to any source used.
- Stick to the topic.
- No spam or unsolicited material/links.
- Use coherent logical reasoning to defend your premise.
- Remember the Burden of Proof rests on the one making a claim this includes any “there is no God” claims.
- Be as clear as possible, avoid slang or colloquialisms.
- Don’t take things personal. Accept when you are corrected.
- Enjoy the discussion.
- Both sides should provide coherent reasons supported by evidence.
- No ad hominem, vulgarity and the like.
- Arguments should be stable and not wander around.
- If an argument is not clear or is too complicated, questions can be posted within two asterisk (*) symbols. ie **What did you mean by….**
- The winner will be the one who has provided the strongest arguments.
- If any participant fails to continue, he/she will be disqualified and deemed the loser.
- No one other than the opponent and Sacerdotus will be allowed to comment on debate posts.
Format for Debates:
Opening Speech – Opponent
Opening Speech – Sacerdotus
First Rebuttal – Opponent
Closing Statement – Sacerdotus
All posts and original content are copyright Sacerdotus/Rationally Faithful.
Please ask for permission before using any content and if permission is given, provide credit to the author, do not alter the content and backlink to the original post. These rules can be amended at any moment due to specific circumstances.