The above is a meme that is circulating around Twitter, Google + and other social networks especially on atheist or skeptic channels. In the image, the presupposition is made that since God seems to favor one area of the universe when the universe is extremely enormous, then therefore the whole notion of God is foolish. What do you think?
- Do you think God must favor the entire universe or only where life is present?
- Why would God create such a large universe or perhaps multi-verses if He only favors one small part of it?
The 3 Wise Men who came to see Jesus bearing gifts of myrrh, gold and frankincense were men of science.
Today, many atheists claim religion and science are incompatible. What are your thoughts on this?
We often hear of miracles performed by saints. They may entail the restoration of vision, hearing, limps and overall health.
- Are these miracles real?
- Can they be explained with science?
- Are these miracles just stories made to inflate a particular saint?
**UPDATE Oct 14, 2014**
It seems that David Viviano aka Gamma Atheist does not want to go through with his acceptance to debate me. I have messaged him on Youtube’s Google plus channel and he deleted the thread.
See this video as proof that I tried to work with him, but he got scared to debate me and ran off:
Well it seems David Viviano aka “Gamma Atheist” has mustered up some courage to debate me and I would love to do it. It would be an honor to engage him. However, he needs to contact me via email to discuss the details and the logistics as I do represent an institution and am not at liberty to make my own schedule etc.
Moreover, the debate was my idea and I had told him where the debate would be (here). This is the purpose of this blog. I want to keep a static log of the debate for all to view anytime. However, this does not mean a future debate cannot happen elsewhere after this first one takes place on this blog. So in the mean time, it would be logical to hold the debate here until the other details are worked out via email for a future debate on another forum.
The rules and layout are found on this post below. I will wait for David to email me. This should be fun. I hope other atheists don’t ruin it with their nonsense.
Rules and Format for Debates:
- Both sides should provide coherent reasons supported by evidence.
- No ad hominem, vulgarity and the like.
- Arguments should be stable and not wander around.
- If an argument is not clear or is too complicated, questions can be posted within two asterisk (*) symbols. ie **What did you mean by….**
- The winner will be the one who has provided the strongest arguments.
- If any participant fails to continue, he/she will be disqualified and deemed the loser.
- No one other than the opponent and Sacerdotus will be allowed to comment on debate posts.
Format for Debates:
Opening Speech – Opponent
Opening Speech – Sacerdotus
First Rebuttal – Opponent
First Rebuttal – Sacerdotus
Second Rebuttal – Opponent
Second Rebuttal – Sacerdotus
Closing Statement – Opponent
Closing Statement – Sacerdotus
We all have heard about this place in books, stories and even movies. Recently, Hollywood has been producing movies on the topic based on supposed experiences some have had of this place.
- Is Heaven Real?
- Can there be a place where only the good go?
- Is this place a ‘place’ or state of existence?
- Can Heaven produce boredom?
Share your thoughts on Heaven in the comment box below the post.
From the Book of Genesis to Modern Physics, humanity has wondered what the universe is made out of and how it came to be. Did it come from ‘nothing’ or from ‘something?’ Today’s physicists believe the former. Does this prove or disprove God?